Wednesday, May 16, 2012

"I get knocked down, but I get up again"


OK, decision made – this weekend May 19th, I am going to be in Boston at the New Balance Boston Twilight Meet, being held at UMass – Lowell,  to give the 10K another go. This time, instead of running  32:00 flat pace to start out, I am going to start a little more conservative and just aim right at the trials A standard,  32:45 pace with the goal of building on each mile.

But, the 10K this weekend will not be my first race this week!  On Thursday I am going to again compete in the annual TC 1mile/ USA 1 mile Road Championships. It is a race that is near and dear to my heart because it takes place right here in downtown Minneapolis.  Talk about “home field advantage”!

You will be able to watch the TC 1mile live on http://www.runnerspace.com/USA-1mile

Tune in on Thursday evening to see myself and two of my fellow Minneapolites , Heather Kampf and Elizabeth Yetzer, shine in front of our home crowd!

Until next week – living well, dreaming fast.
~Meghan~

1 comment:

  1. I should point out that a large part of the radiant testimonial I'm concerning to give is because of the colour of my footwears, which, incidentally, is disappointed amongst the dozen approximately variants offered here. My set of 574's are primarily black, with light gray "N" logo designs sewn on, a white strip over the single, white parts by the top shoelace eyelets, and a PALE YELLOW back "kick guard" or whatever you 'd such as decision the plastic strip on the back. This particular combo looks killer, and I don't see it below.

    I digress ... Typically, when one goes to acquire a relaxed tennis shoe, they have 2 points in mind: Looks and comfort. Occasionally, convenience even comes AFTER looks if you are truly set on your appearance. Versatility and durability are OFTEN not main factors. It's a road tennis shoe; you aren't seeking high-end sprinting efficiency to rival Usain Bolt, or the capability to wade through crocodile-infested swamps while quietly going after a band of ruthless hirelings.

    For the initial 20 minutes of wearing them and walking about, I was startled by the unpleasant sensation they gave, as with every pair of brand-new footwears New Balance WW847 that I have actually bought. This quickly decreased as my feet easily useded to the footwears, and now they feel like part of my physical body.

    ReplyDelete